Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

How to Grow Microgreens Book Review





















Microgreens

With simple instructions, Microgreens: A Guide to Growing Nutrient-Packed Greens by Eric Franks and Jasmine Richardson, shows readers how to grow their own little greens of arugula, basil, purple cabbage, chard, radishes, broccoli, cilantro, and more.
Download information sheet for Microgreens
Microgreens features instructions on how to grow all sorts of microgreens, including:
  • Amaranth
  • Arugula
  • Basil
  • Beet
  • Broccoli
  • Celery
  • Chard
  • Cilantro
  • Cress
  • Endive
  • Mustard
  • Pac Choi
  • Pea
  • Purple Cabbage
  • Radish
  • Tokyo Bekana
Table Of Contents: 
9 Foreword 
11 Introduction 
15 Why Microgreens 
25 Health and Microgreens 
33 Materials 
45 How-to-Grow Ten-Step Process 
63 Individual Crops 
115 Composting 
129 Recipes: Food as Art 
169 Troubleshooting 
177 Recommended Books and Resources 
185 Sources 
190 Index

Nutrient-packed greens! 
I just harvested a few of my microgreens for my salad. I've been growing radish micorgreens and I love them! 
This book I especially like. It covers all aspects of learning to grow your own microgreens. Beautiful colorful photography makes this book a useful tool. I like visual learning. It helps me to know what I need to learn about growing microgreens. Everything that the home grower needs to learn to grow microgreens is in this book. Learning about how to grow using the ten-step process with photos for each step. No guessing its all there. A great chapter on composting and the recipe chapter using food as art is beautiful. I especially love the chapter on troubleshooting that answers a lot of questions I've had before and new ones to look for and be aware of. The book is beautifully done!


1 comments:

Growing Microgreens said...

I was never a fan of lettuce type veggies until I started growing my own microgreens and now I just can't get enough!

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!