Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Make Your Own Sun Dried Tomatoes


Dehydrate Tomatoes
Every summer I take advantage of all the garden tomatoes and   make my own sun dried tomatoes. So it probably isn't too late to take advantage of some of those garden gems.

I slice about 1/4 thick with a madoline and place on dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate until dry. I store them in a glass jar. Easy, easy, easy and very inexpensive to make.

Enjoy them in your raw food recipes!! Any recipes calling for sun dried tomatoes, use these. You can also grind these into a powder and have many uses for a tomato flavor base. Chop up and top salad and also use in salad dressings. 

I usually soak them first for certain recipes that are going to be blended. It makes blending easier. 

Hope all this helps you learn more about making great inexpensive raw food gourmet dishes!

1 comments:

depuy hip said...

Absolutely a must try! Thanks for sharing this.

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!