Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Spicy Spinach and Pepper Taquitos


My favorite kind of food is anything with a Latin flare! Eating raw food is also another favorite. I don't craze what I used to crave years ago. I never thought I'd ever be able to pass up the things I used to crave. A few times a year I might indulge in some foods that have gluten but not too often. I feel too good these days to eat those foods daily. I never thought I'd ever be able to give up gluten products. Amazing how my taste buds changed.

SPINACH/PEPPER MIXTURE
1 c fresh spinach
1/2 sweet red bell pepper, diced
1/2 sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 yellow onion, diced
Juice of one lime
1 T olive oil
1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1 t chili powder
1 t sea salt

Place ingredients in a plastic bag Ziploc bag and marinate for 1 hour.

NACHO CHEESE
1 c cashews, soaked
1/4 c water
1/2 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of half a lemon
1 T Nutritional yeast
1 t turmeric

Blend ingredients until thick and creamy.

CORN TORTILLAS
4 c fresh corn kernels, from sweet corn on the cob
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 c golden flax seeds, finely ground
1 t sea salt

Chop corn and bell pepper in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Take a spoon and spread the corn mixture on the teflex-lined dehydrator trays. You should have enough mixture for two or three trays.

Dehydrate at 110 degrees for about 5 hours.

Flip the teflex sheet over onto the tray and carefully pull away from tortillas.

Using a pizza cutter, score the tortilla in 3-inch strips (approximately 3 long strips) length-wise, then score every three inches across. You should have approximately 9 strips of rectangles.

Dehydrate for another 2 hours until tortilla is completely dry on both sides but still pliable.

To assemble taquitos, spread cheese on a the end of one tortilla strip, spoon spinach/pepper mixture on top of cheese and roll tortilla tightly to prevent it from opening.

Secure with a toothpick, if necessary.

Put taquitos in dehydrators at 110 degrees for 8-12 hours or until they are crisp on the outside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!