Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Matthew Kenney Everyday Raw
























When I received this raw book by Matthew Kenney to review from Gibbs Smith, I was a little excited to start reading this book and make some of the raw recipes.
This book has lots of color photos which is a huge plus when reading a cookbook. Matthew stress "simple" which is a question I hear quite a bit because it's a whole new way to prepare our food and we just are not used to it. I still cook vegan for my family and I have recipes that take forever and I have recipes that are very simple and quick. Me, being the only raw foodie in the house I have to keep things simple for myself. There are several easy smoothie and milk recipes, granolas, crackers, tortilla chips, flatbread, pancakes, soups, sauces, salads, pizzas, wraps, desserts. In the blended & squeezed chapter you will find several nut milks, smothies, a grapefruit cleanser.
The snack chapter has granola, candied nuts, macaroons, cookies.
The unbaked chapter has cumin flatbread, herb crackers, golden tortilla chips, za'atar flatbread and bar-b-que crisps.
On page 54, it's the start of another chapter titled starters and there are recipes like blueberry pancakes, eggplant bacon, tofu scrambler, sesame cashew dumplings, miso soup, savory crepes.
On page 70 starts another chapter, spreads, dips, & sauces! Just think chipotle mayo, red-chile-pineapple dipping sauce, sweet chili-lime sauce, macadamia hummus, salsa fresca, macadamia red pepper cheese, pineapple mango salsa, black olive pesto, red pepper hummus with lime, chili, sour cream. Then you move on to the salad chapter and it starts with blue green salad, spicy almond dressing, potato salad, creamy sesame dressing, thai salad, sweet miso dressing, blood orange dressing.
Then on to larger dishes chapter and in looking through all these great recipes like tomato, basil, and rocotta pizza, mango wraps, pasta primavera, rosemary-garlic mashed potatoes, pad thai, I can't want to start trying them. The second to the last chapter of course dessert and they all look so yummy. Just think vanilla creme, strawberry tart, agave caramel, pumpkin pie with anglaise, lemon macaroon cheesecake tartlet, key lime tartlets, vanilla mint flan, frozen goji berry souffle' and last you will find the ice cream section with several ice cream recipes and tips on ice cream. I have several raw recipes I just can't wait to try.

3 comments:

Lauren H. said...

I am the only raw foodie in my family too, so I know the challenge well.
I took this book out from our library. It had several recipes I copied for later use. I too like the bright pictures, that seems an important part of the likability of a cookbook in general though.
Good luck with it too!

Jacklyn said...

I really need to get a raw cookbook. I've been wanting to try raw food for a long long time. I know its really healthy for you, I would love to incorporate it into my meals at least once a week.

Life in Montana said...

I used to say the same thing. My health forced me to go raw which was the best thing I ever did. I didn't know how I could go raw ever. I now crave raw food. Just start making different raw recipes. I have several on my blog. Just find recipes you like. There are lots of simple ways to prepare raw food. If you have cafe's near you with raw choices try those and pretty soon you will have lots of choices and start picking those vibrant raw food flavors that your body will crave! Your getting so much more nutrients and enzymes in raw that your body will love you!!
: )

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!