Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen





















Raw Food Recipes for Beginners
In reviewing "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen" I just had to start trying recipes. One of the first recipes I tried was the baja cheese and I wasn't disappointed. Baja cheese is fast and easy and full of flavor. Right on the front cover is a comment from the Mad Cowboy, Howard Lyman who I've seen several times at health crusades and his testimony is amazing if you have not heard him do a search and listen to him.
In the introduction you will find helpful tips for your health, going to the market, shopping list, and how to use this book. You will also several recipes for smoothies and shakes like very blueberry smoothie, carob strawberry bliss smoothie and vanilla coconut shake and fuzzy navel, blue-green power shake and many more. There are several mylk recipes. Section 2 has cereals, puddings, pancake, syrups, butter and chicken friendly scrambles. Section 3 is full of salads with so many dressings. Section 4 soups and sauces to tickle your tongue along with savory sauces and dips. Section 5 accompaniments and sides such as black olive hummus (bean free), red pepper corn salsa and black sesame sunflower bread that is shown on the front cover sandwich that Ani is eating. Section 6 scrumptious cheezes and pates where you will find baja cheese, nacho cheeze, oregano ricotta, sun -dried tomato cheese. Section 7 is full of wraps and rolls, pastas, more main dishes that make you sing. Section 8 is the dessert section and you will find dessert soups, pies and cobblers, cakes, and icey kreams, sweet sauces. Section 9 is for your furry friends and she gives you Kango's favorite pate, dog treats and black sesame sunflower dog biscuits. If your looking for a easy to follow raw food cookbook with simple everyday ingredients this might be one you want to start with.
Another amazing cookbook from Da Capo Press.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Too funny. I love this book and just posted about my raw library...tiny as it is. But she came and spoke for our raw living foods group and signed my books. Very cool.
Peace & Raw Health,
Elizabeth

Laura said...

Ahhh I packed my book because we are moving to the mainland, now I wish I didn't.. Oh well. I can still blog and get recipes from other bloggers etc..

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!