Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Alissa Cohen's Living on Live Food Recipe "Pakora"

Pakora

I made Alissa Cohen's raw food recipe for "Pakora" for our 13 mile hike in Glacier National Park. We did the highline trail again to Granite Park Chalet and down to the loop. 


Half way through we did the 1 mile up to the overlook to view the glaciers and Many Glacier


Our hike was beautiful. We love Glacier National Park. I make my pakora ahead time and the recipe is very easy, the hardest part is just chopping your vegetables 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces. In Living on Live Food on page 432 of Alissa's book she has a little information about the recipe that it came from Robert Reed, the owner of the Organic Garden Restaurant in Beverly, Massachusetts. To make them you make a great seed batter with special spices and mix with a mixture of vegetables and then dehydrate for 6-12 hours. They keep great in the refrigerator.  Taste great if you make a dipping sauce to go along with them. I was hiking so I just threw in a few for my trip.

Alissa Cohen other book "Raw Food for Everyone!"

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a great snack. I do not have any of her books. I flipped through one briefly but may have to see if the library has a copy so I can look up the recipe.My Raw Chef course in MI was taught by a chef who had her certification as well so we all had the opportunity to apply for dual certification. He only taught us his recipes though, not hers.
Beautiful photos. I would love to be able to hike regularly but where we live it is almost impossible. Heat stroke would be an issue and the terrain is totally FLAT!!
Peace and Raw Health,
Elizabeth

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!