Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baja Wraps

Today for lunch I took some organic collard greens and make myself some raw Mexican wraps. I called them "Baja Wraps."
These are so simple to make. I made a recipe called "Baja Cheese" from Ani Phyo's cookbook called "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen." I happen to be visiting my parents out of state here in California so I don't have my kitchen tools with me and this is a easy wrap to whip up anywhere. The Baja Cheese has almonds, cilantro, jalapeno. You can make this type of wrap a Mexican or you could even make a Thai wrap by changing your flavors a little.



























I made a quick guacamole just by taking an avocado and mashing it and giving it a sprinkle of salt and garlic powder.
Then I make a quick salsa recipe
3 tomatoes
1 jalapeno (use garlic press)
2 cloves garlic
3-4 tablespoon chopped red onion
cilantro (handful chopped)
lime juice (from 1 lime)
salt to taste

I then take what ever vegetables I have on hand. Today was cucumbers, red bell pepper, clover sprouts and I start layering my cheese, guacamole and then topping all my ingredients and roll up my wraps.

Quick to make and I have leftovers for a few days and the only tool I did need was a food processor for the cheese. If I didn't do the cheese I wouldn't need any tools other than a chopping mat and knife. Oh, I forgot the garlic press! If you don't have a garlic press you will have to use a knife. It saves your hands from burning from the jalapenos. That is why I like the garlic press it really gets the flavor distributed throughout your salsa.

1 comments:

Jacklyn said...

what a great idea..this looks really good!

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!