Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Raw Onion Crackers















I adapted these crackers from Abeba's Onion Rings recipe that I found online at livingmom.net and on rawfamily.
I really like these crackers because they don't have a lot of nuts. That means I consider them a lower fat cracker depending on how much flax seeds you put in! Yipee!! I have to watch my nut and avocado intake as my body wants to keep them all and store them for a cold day. This recipe would be good as a wrap with some of Ani Phyo's Baja Cheese and greens all wrapped up into on of these tasty treats. Oh, my next time I make these crackers I will save some for wraps.

1 1⁄2cups Water
2 Carrots
1-2 dates
2 tsp Pizza Seasoning
2 tsp celtic salt
1 Celery Stalk
2 Tomatoes
1⁄2 cup Sundried Tomatoes
dash Cayenne Pepper
to taste Nama Shoyu or Celtic Sea Salt
1 -2 cups Flax Seeds (ground into meal)
8-10 Medium White Onions

Blend all ingredients except flax seeds and onions. Check the taste and add salt . Add flax seed meal to your large bowl.
Process the onions coarsely in food processor. Spread about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick. Dehydrate for 10-12 hours at 105 degrees. Flip onion crackers and score whenever you can.
Yields a full 9 trays.
 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have yet to find a cracker that I really LOVE. I will try these. They look good.
Peace,
E

Life in Montana said...

I really love onion crackers. My favorites are all the onion crackers, buckwheat crackers and some of the flax crackers. Hope you find one you like. Just keep trying different ones until you find one. Make smaller batches so it's not wasted ingredients. Try flavoring them how you like them.

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!