Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Spinach Green Smoothie















How to make healthy smoothies
Green Smoothie Recipes are a great way to get many nutrients in each day!
We start our day with a green smoothie for the whole family. My 16 year old son asks me if he thinks I'm forgetting to make their smoothies. I know my family is getting their greens and my once non salad eater daughter loves her green smoothies. She has grown to like her salads but there was a time she didn't want to eat her salad and if you can't get your children to drink a green smoothie start with more fruit and blueberries disguise the greens. Then gradually add more greens until they don't question the green look. You want to work up 60% greens and 40% fruit. My children both get a spoon to scrape out every last drop!

I start with any of the following such as apples, pineapple, banana, orange, spinach, sprouts, dandelion greens, kale, chard, flax seeds, hemp seeds, frozen blueberries, and the list goes on. I add a combo of fruits, greens and seeds with enough water to blend into a nice green smoothie. Rotate the types of greens and fruits you use for a variety of nutrients. Green smoothies have significant amounts of protein, calcium, folate, dietary fiber, typtophan, potassium, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, iron, manganese, copper, zinc, magnesium, potassium, and trytophan. Green smoothies are loaded with chlorophyll rich, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phytonutrients and live enzymes.

One huge reason my son likes green smoothies is it clears up his complexion within days of drinking them.

Green smoothies are a great way to get in our greens. Remember there is no cholesterol, saturated fat, hydrogenated oils, MSG, GMOs, added hormones, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, refined sugar, artificial colors, or preservatives.

Green smoothies are a healthy fast food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!