Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Which Dehydrator?




















I get the question a lot about which dehydrator do I think is the best and use. Number one for me is the fan in the back of the unit instead of being on the bottom. I have had 10 trays of tomatoes mold with a fan on the bottom of the unit. Usually with a fan motor on the bottom you are using a stackable unit. With a stackable and preparing raw food a stackable would work but it would limited your recipes you make. With the dehydrators that have your trays slide in and out of the unit you can omit every other tray and easily put in a 13 x 9 casserole or bowls of soup just anything you might want warmed up. The stainless steel shelves are strong enough to hold a 13 x 9 raw apple crisp that I just made for my last raw food class/potluck this month.


The D-5 from Home Food Processing is stainless steel so no cracking plastic and it's easy to clean up. I know that plastic has become a issues in the news for drinking out of plastic and seems dehydrating might raise some questions for some people. Made with no BPA's which is nice.

It's quiet.


The D-5 dehydrator has a timer that I love. I have found in using it that I am always up at night making something and I might not want it to dry that long so I can set the time to avoid over drying. Same thing if I won't be home during the day.


The D-5 unit has the 5 trays which still gives you a lot of room to make a whole batch of crackers and most recipes just fine.


Lets talk price:

The D-5 is a reasonable price compared to other dehydrators and to know that I won't have the plastic cracking. It's a investment worth a little more for the quality.

  • 800 watt/110V heating Element
  • 304 Series, 22 ga Stainless Steel construction- Food grade, Won't rust!
  • Five 16 1/4" x 14 1/2" with 3/8" holes
  • Outside Dimensions: 18 3/4" D x 16 1/2" W x 9" H
  • Temperature Range 90˚ - 150˚ F
  • Color coded temperature control


I wouldn't have a dehydrator that didn't have a temperature control because I want to make sure that the enzymes in my raw food are not destroyed.


Did I mention it dehydrates beautiful and this dehydrator is like a cadillac! If you have not seen Home Food Processing's website you can go here to see their dehydrators

http://www.home-food-processing.com/dehydrators.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!