Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jack LaLanne Passed Away Today


Jack LaLanne passed away today of respiratory failure due to pneumonia. I still remember as a young girl watching Jack LaLanne's TV fitness show. He spent decades talking about healthful benefits of exercise and fitness and exercised daily up until his death. He was 96! He was a self-confessed sugar-and junk-food addict as a child. Bob Barker told The Associated Press Today that, "He never lost enthusiasm for life and physical fitness."
Today, after attending a local gardening class at Peaceful Gardens, we watched Dr. Russell Blaylock's DVD all on the effects of sugar called "Nutrition and Behavior." The hidden sugars in processed foods. Dr. Russell Blaylock’s book, “Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills,” is an eye opening book.
Read your labels and better yet eat things without a label such as your fruits, vegetables, nuts, & seeds. There are so many good recipes out there available to learn to make foods that taste great and burst with flavor. You can find a wealth of recipes online and videos to watch people demonstrate recipes and make it right before your eyes. You will start craving those raw food choices as your taste buds change. I've been vegan for about seventeen years and it wasn't until I had some health issues that I have had prior to even becoming vegan seventeen years ago that I finally started on a gluten-free first with no response and then doing what I wasn't ready to do, GO RAW! Yes, I went kicking and screaming at first. As each day goes by I see many benefits of my choices. I have now really embraced raw food and enjoy sharing what I’ve learned along the way. There are probably groups that meet in your local area if you start asking around at health clubs, health food stores, gardening centers, and wellness centers. Don't give up your persistence will pay off. Your body will thank you! Most important talk to your doctor about a good diet plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!