Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Health Benefits of Chia Seeds


Organic Chia Seeds!
Where to buy chia seeds is easy to find.
I can still hear the tune from the commercial for the Chia Pet. Ch-Ch-Chia!! Cha Cha Cha! Well next year the Chia Pet turns thirty.
The terra cotta pet that sprouts green hair. I absolutely love Chia Pudding! I have posted in the past a recipe for Chia Pudding HERE. A great vegan raw substitute for tapioca pudding.
These little seeds are packed with nutrients and some say they keep you energized and hydrated. I take Chia Pudding sometimes when I hike. They reduce food cravings, stop aging and reduce blood pressure and control blood sugar. Chia seeds weight loss. You will feel fuller faster. So it might help with weight loss by keeping me full! So from what I read just 1 teaspoon of those little seeds will get rid of hunger since they absorb 9 times their own weight.

Aztec warriors lived on one tablespoon of chia seeds a day. 

Know your source and purchase organic chia seeds super food.  

Chia seed benefits and nutritional value make them a great super food.
Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, a complete protein, calcium, iron, and magnesium. 

Rich in Vitamin B
More fiber than flaxseed
More protein than soy
15 times more magnesium than broccoli
6 times more calcium than milk
More potassium than bananas
Great for pets

I keep them on had always. I like to sprinkle a few teaspoons on a salad before serving. 

The chia seed has the ability to absorb more than 12 times its weight in water turning those little seeds into tapioca type plumps. Preparing chia seeds are very easy. If you are making chia seed pudding just make sure you stir it or put it in a jar and shake it every minute or so until they start plumping up. If you just put your chia seed recipe together and let it sit there your chia seeds will stick together in a clump. So, then when your ready to eat your pudding it will have clumps with dry chia seeds inside. Trust me! It has happened to me once. I learned keep them stirred for the first 5 minutes and you should be fine with your chia pudding recipe!


Ch-Ch-Chia!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!