Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The 30 Minute Vegan Review

























Just received this book "The 30 Minute Vegan" by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray from Da Capo Press to review.

Mark Reinfeld, is the founding chef for the "Blooming Lotus Restaurant" and has been preparing vegan and live food cuisine for more than fifteen years. His Vegan Fusion World Cuisine has won nine international award, including a Gourmad Award for the "Best Vegetarian Cookbook in the USA,"

Jennifer Murray is the coauthor of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw. She teaches classes internationally, demonstrating vegan cooking, baking, and raw food preparation. Both Reinfeld and Murray live in Kaua'i, Hawaii.

John Robbins, author of The Food Revolution and Diet for New America
"One of the very best vegan cookbooks of all time. Fabulous recipes, healthy food, clear directions, and delicious results!"

This book has cooked recipes and also has several raw choices. In looking through this cookbook I found that it is one of those cookbooks I love it has normal ingredients without long lists of ingredients. I really love that! I can not say enough good things about this book. Remember the title is 30 minute vegan and that is a plus for our busy lifestyles. No excuses, we can cook healthy and not take a lot of time to prepare. There are over 175 recipes in this book that are quick, delicious, and healthy for everyday cooking. It's easy to find the raw food recipes with the heart above each raw recipe.
I just had to start trying recipes and tried Vanilla Sesame Bonbons which everyone loves. I see a whole long list of more recipes to try.

This book chapters are titled:
Getting Started, Preparation Basics, The Lighter Side of Life-Smoothies & Satiating Beverages, The Morning Meal-Breakfast and Brunch, Snacks, Pick-Me-Ups & Kids' Favorites, Uplifting Lunches-Wraps, Rolls, Bowls, & More, Extraordinary Salads, Sumptuous Soups, Small Plates-Appetizers, side Dishes, & Light Dinners, Wholesome Suppers,
Guilt-Free Comfort Food-Healthy Translations of Old Standbys, Divine Desserts, Condiments, Infused Oils, & Spreads, Feasts, Soirees, and Slumber Parties-Quick, Healthy, & Bountiful.

I highly recommend this cookbook and I hope you find it to be a permanent cookbook source in your house like it will be in mine. I am now able to enjoy their cuisine at my own table. This is one of those vegan books that it could be your only one on the shelf and not get bored with it!



1 comments:

Jacklyn said...

I also have this book! I love it! I agree with you, I love the fact that it has normal and raw food recipes. I heard they're coming out with a new book soon, I cant wait

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!