Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Zucchini Cheesy Pasta

This healthy cheesy pasta is great! The last time I made it, it didn't make it off to a plate to take a photo. So I took a photo before hand! I don't have my Spirooli yet, and I do have a Saladacco, that I've had for years but I wanted thicker noodles so I grated the zucchini. This is quick and easy and I've had so many people ask me for "Quick and Easy"! So here is a quick and easy vegan pasta recipe that I just love!!










Zucchini Cheesy Pasta

4 small zucchini
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 small yellow onion
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp sesame seeds (grind in coffee grinder)
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp celtic salt

Grate zucchini, then slice red bell pepper and onion with a mandoline. Add remaining ingredients and toss until mixed well. Spread on dehydrator tray with parchment paper and dehydrate for about 4-5 hours until tender. Do not over dehydrate!!

4 comments:

ItVeganAtGenesis said...

Ooo this was so good! Thanks for posting the recipe on goneraw.com along with your blogspot address.

Life in Montana said...

Glad you liked it. It is a favorite of mine now!

Daly said...

I will definitely try this recipe for it sounds delicious. I don't understand the need to dehydrate the dish and what makes it 'cheesy' without having cheese in the ingredients?

Margaret said...

This recipe can be dehydrated or just eat it with dehydrating it. I like it dehydrated because it gives it a really good texture almost like it was cooked. The nutritional yeast makes it cheesy. Have fun and experiement.

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU THOROUGHLY RESEARCH ALTERNATE POINTS OF VIEW AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AS AN INFORMED CONSUMER OF INFORMATION. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THIS BLOG IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. I'll be posting more and more as I've just started this blog. Keep checking back. May God Bless Your Day!!!!